April 7, 2020
Dear Students and Parent(s)/ Guardian(s):
As the end of the year approaches, the Guidance Department must gather information specific to seniors and their postsecondary education plan. In order to assist our seniors, we have assigned a mandatory Graduation Survey. This information is necessary in order for the guidance office to send the final transcript as proof of graduation to the college your child will attend.
The Graduation Survey must be completed by Friday, May 1st, 2020 as a requirement for graduation.
The survey can be found on the homepage of Naviance Student. https://student.naviance.com/holycrosshi
*Please note that if you have not updated your Naviance Student password since January 2020, you may need to do so now. Simply follow the regular log in procedures (remember that you must use your Holy Cross Gmail account to log in). If you have difficulty logging in, please select “forgot password” and you will receive an email with a temporary password and instructions to reset your password. Please make sure to check your spam folder if you do not see it in your Gmail inbox.
- Just select the tab that says, Complete Graduation Survey that is listed on the home page in the What’s New section.
- Indicate your post high school plan (4 year college, 2 year college, trade/career school, gap year).
- Update the admission decision for all colleges listed (Example: accepted, denied, waitlisted, deferred). If you applied to any other colleges not already listed, please add them and indicate the admission decision.
- Select the college you plan to attend and indicate your intended major and make sure to select the UPDATE button to the right to save your selection.
- List all scholarships received from the College/University and enter the total dollar amount awarded for the four years. (Make sure to enter without commas, decimal points or dollar signs-Example: enter $3,000 as 3000). If you received other scholarships or grants, select “Add Scholarship” and enter the name of the award. *Please email copies of all scholarship award letters to your counselor.
If your child’s college choice changes after he/she submitted the graduation survey, please have your child make the change in Naviance Student and inform his/her counselor immediately.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you should have any questions, please call the Guidance Office at (718) 886-7250, extension 571.
Mary Anne Kelleher
Director of Guidance