What are the academic advantages of a Holy Cross education?
- The STREAM (science, theology, robotics, engineering, arts, and mathematics) is exclusive to a Holy Cross education.
- Holy Cross offers students 4 levels of college preparatory courses.
- The class of 2020 earned over $15,000,000 in academic scholarships. Two out of three seniors last year received college scholarships.
- Learn more about where our alumni continue their education
What is the total enrollment?
Our enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is 750 young men and women.
What is the current tuition?
How can I apply to Holy Cross?
Current 9th-graders applying for 9th-grade:
- Students must submit an online application to Holy Cross High School
(our 9th grade application will be available beginning August 23, 2021.)
- Students must register for the TACHS (Test for Admissions into Catholic
High Schools). The deadline to register for the TACHS is October 24, 2021.
- Students must submit an online application to Holy Cross High School.
How can a student best prepare for the TACHS?
Holy Cross offers a 6 week TACHS preparation program on campus starting this September. Learn more about our TACHS Prep program.
What does Holy Cross look at when a student applies for admissions?
For current 8th graders applying for 9th grade, our Admissions Committee reviews the following items to determine admissions:
- 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade report cards
- NYS exams / TerraNova results
- TACHS results
- Letters of recommendation are required for scholarship consideration
For transfer students, our Admissions Committee reviews the following items to determine admissions:
- Previous school’s report cards
- NYS Regents exam results
- Letters of recommendation
- Student’s personal statement
- Admissions Interview
Is there a dress code?
Holy Cross High School strongly believes that adherence to a dress code is a sign of respect that our students have for themselves and their school community. All students must wear the school uniform which is ordered through Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company. Learn more about our dress code requirements for young men and women.
How can students become involved in after school activities?
Over 70% of our students are involved in an after-school activity.
We offer over 30 different athletic teams in a variety of sports. Many of our graduates will continue their athletic careers playing at a Division I college and have gone on to play professionally. Learn more about our athletic opportunities.
In addition to sports, we also provide over 40 co-curricular clubs and student organizations so our students can always make the most out of their high school experience, and we add more every year based on our students’ interests. Learn more about our co-curricular activities.